The Free Stroke
- This stroke is used mainly in situations where you need to play across multiple strings.
- The follow through will be up and ‘free’ so that it clears the string above.
- We designate a finger to each string as: o i on 3rd string o m on 2nd string a on 1st string
- The thumb will usually take care of bass strings. • Execute by place-pressure-release and keep fingers curved.
- You can plant all the fingers to help you train the finger placement.
- Hand and stays relaxed and shouldn’t move, the fingers should move but not the hand
- Watch for stray fingers, and tension in other fingers.
- Try and relax the finger after the stroke